MARKET UPDATES :
- SINGAPORE] Commodity trader Noble Group Ltd said on Thursday its second-quarter net profit rose 5 per cent from a year earlier to US$65.8 million, pushing its first-half net profit to more than double on the year.Hong Kong-based Noble Group is one of the world’s largest commodity traders.
- [SYDNEY] Singapore-listed Frasers Centrepoint Ltd will buy Australia’s Australand Property Group for A$2.6 billion (US$2.41 billion) after securing shareholder approval late on Thursday. In a statement to the Australian Securities Exchange, Frasers said Australand investors with 56.8 per cent of its shares supported the offer,
- SHARES of OCBC Bank continued to rise in Thursday morning trading, crossing S$10 a share even as peers DBS Group and UOB continued their slide on profit-taking. At 10:54 am, OBC shares were up 6 cents to hit a 52- week high of S$10.16 each.DBS shares slid 21 cents to S$18.16 each, while UOB shares shed 3 cents to S$22.57.
- SINGAPORE eDevelopment (formerly CCM) sank deeper into the red, reporting a net loss of S$5.7 million for the six months ended June 30 compared to a net loss of S$68,00
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY UNITED OVERSEAS BANK ABOVE 22.700 TG 22.800. 22.920. 23.100 SL 22.580