MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 36.69 points or 1.05% higher to 3521.08, taking the year-to-date performance to +4.63%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 2.04%, UOB, which gained 1.54%, DBS, which gained 1.67%, SGX, which gained2.74% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.94% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.49%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.45%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 1.87%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 2.04% higher and 1.14% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 2.16%. United Envirotech shares declined 0.30% and Hyflux declined 0.56%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+1.15%), IS MSCI India (-0.62%), DBXT FT China 25 ETF (-2.34%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.76%), CapitaCom Trust (unchanged), CapitaMall Trust (+1.80%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : -HSI26000MBeCW150629 (-11.71%), HSI26600MBePW150528 (unchanged), HSI24000UBePW150828 (+13.54%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW150915 (+9.76%),UOB MB eCW150701 (+15.60%),SGX MB eCW150803 (+15.34%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY YANGZIJIANG AT CMP 1.360 TARGET 1.410 1.460 SL 1.300