MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 38.61 points or 1.18% higher to 3318.79, taking the year-to-date performance to – 1.38%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which gained 1.94%, DBS, which gained 1.92%, CapitaLand, which gained 2.94%, UOB, which gained 0.74% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.79% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.76%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.30%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 2.76%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and STATS ChipPAC – ended 12.50% lower and unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 0.36%. Midas Holdings shares declined 1.54% and NSL declined 0.34%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India (+1.76%) , SPDR Gold Shares (-0.12%) , DBXT MSCI China TRN ETF (+3.20%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+2.50%) , Mapletree Greater China Trust (unchanged) , Suntec REIT (+0.88%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI26800MBeCW150730 (+12.94%) , CN14000MBeCW150929 (+76.71%) , HSI26400MBePW150730 (-15.00%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : TencentMBeCW150804A (+5.88%) , CLI MB ePW151103 (-12.86%) , DBS MB eCW150915 (+21.70%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NOBLE GROUP [N21]ABOVE 0.770 TARGET 0.800 0.830 0.870 SL 0.740