MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 2.9 points or 0.10% lower to 2893.65, taking the year-to-date performance to +0.38%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.78%, UOB, which gained 0.16%, Singtel, which closed unchanged,
Noble, which closed unchanged and OCBC Bank, with a 0.23% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.11%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.27%.The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 2.50%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 2.94% higher and 3.49% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 0.83%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares
declined 0.33%and Jardine Strategic Holdings declined 0.87%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:
SPDR Gold Shares (+1.50%) ,IS MSCI India (-0.27%) ,STI ETF (-0.68%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:
Ascendas REIT (unchanged) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (-0.46%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (-1.23%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI23800UBeCW161229 (unchanged) ,HSI23800MBeCW160929 (-9.52%) ,HSI23600VTeCW161028 (unchanged)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (+7.63%) ,DBS VT eCW170213 (unchanged) ,UOB MB eCW170201 (+1.89%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SINGMEDICAL ABOVE 0.325 TGT 0.340 0.355 SL 0.310.