MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 39.92 points or 1.4% higher to 2891.66, taking the year-to-date performance
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which gained 2.03%, DBS, which gained 1.18%, UOB, which gained 2.14%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.26% and Noble, with a 12.00% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.06%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.61%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Real Estate Holding and Development Index, which
rose 2.01%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Hongkong Land Holdings and Global Logistic Properties –
ended 1.80% higher and 1.89% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.08%. Midas Holdings shares
declined 2.22% and Geo Energy Resources remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:
IS MSCI India (+0.67%) ,STI ETF (+1.38%) ,DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF (+1.66%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:
Ascendas REIT (+0.81%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (+2.52%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (+1.39%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+7.06%) ,HSI22800MBePW161028 (-6.74%) ,HSI23800MBeCW160929 (+10.53%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (+8.26%) ,UOB MB eCW170201 (+16.48%) ,DBS MB ePW170201 (-7.61%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NOBLE ABOVE 0.140 TGT 0.150 0.160 SL 0.130.