INTERNATIONAL COMMODITY NEWS
- Gold prices held near a more than one-week high during European hours on Tuesday, as investors awaited fresh signals
about the timing of a possible U.S. interest rate increase this year.The U.S. Institute of Supply Management is to release data on August service sector activity at 10:00AM ET (14:00GMT) on Tuesday.
- Brent crude prices edged lower during Europe’s session on Tuesday, as optimism surrounding an agreement between Saudi Arabia and Russia to stabilize the oil market began to fade.On the ICE Futures Exchange in London, Brent oil For November delivery declined 35 cents, or 0.7%, to trade at $47.28 a barrel by 4:15AM ET (08:15GMT).
- Natural gas futures fell during noon trade in the domestic market on Tuesday as investors and speculators exit positions in the energy commodity amid speculation that peak summer demand for the power plant fuel which is used to fire up air conditioners in the US may be coming to an end.
- A top Federal Reserve official on Tuesday repeated his call for gradual interest rate hikes, evidently unfazed by a slow down in U.S. job gains and sluggishness in the services sector that now has traders betting against any rate hike at all this year.It “makes sense to get back to a pace of gradual rate increases, preferably sooner rather than later,” San Francisco Fed President John Williams said in remarks prepared for delivery to the Hayek Group.
- The yen gained on Wednesday after downbeat U.S. economic data made a U.S. interest rate increase this month unlikely, prompting investors to trim their dollar bets and triggering stop-loss orders in early Asian trade.The dollar was down 0.5 percent at 101.50 yen after dipping as low as 101.245 earlier, its lowest since Aug. 26 and well below last Friday’s high of 104.32 yen. It tumbled more than 1 percent against its Japanese counterpart on Tuesday.
- Top British bankers will tell finance minister Philip Hammond on Wednesday to give them a clearer idea of what thecountry’s divorce from the European Union will mean for them when they hold their first meeting since the Brexit vote.Hammond is to meet with executives from major banks and insurers, including Barclays(L:BARC), HSBC (L:HSBA), Standard Life (L:SL) Santander UK, the British arm of Spain’sBanco Santander (MC:SAN), according to sources.
TRADING STRATEGY :
- BUY GOLD ABOVE 1350 TGT 1355 1360 SL 1345.
- SELL GOLD BELOW 1347 TGT 1342 1337 SL 1352.
For more information about Commodity market trading or Comex Signals, please visit EPIC RESEARCH PTE LTD.