MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 7.8 points or 0.28% lower to 2820.59, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.16%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 1.95%, DBS, which declined 0.40%, UOB, which gained 0.17%,OCBC Bank, which gained 0.23% and Ascendas REIT, which closed unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.20%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.07%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 5.80%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 8.07% higher and unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.90%. Singtel shares declined 1.95% and StarHub declined 1.88%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:IS MSCI India (+2.04%) ,STI ETF (-0.69%) ,DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF (+0.56%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:Ascendas REIT (unchanged) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (+0.94%) ,Suntec REIT (-0.89%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI22800VTeCW160929 (-7.38%) ,HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-1.71%) ,HSI23000MBeCW160929 (-6.12%).
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (-3.57%) ,UOB MB eCW170201 (-2.33%),OCBC Bk MBeCW170118 (-2.56%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SILVERLAKE AXIS ABOVE 0.670 TGT 0.700 0.720 SL 0.640.