MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 3.98 points or 0.14% higher to 2833.41, taking the year-to-date performance to –
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 0.49%, DBS, which gained 0.13%, UOB, which declined 0.11%,
OCBC Bank, which declined 0.12% and Keppel Corp, with a 0.76% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.14%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.07%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.97%. The two biggest
stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 2.48% higher and 2.35% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 0.39%. Singtel shares declined 0.49% and StarHub declined 1.08%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:IS MSCI India (+2.37% ,STI ETF (unchanged) ,DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF (unchanged).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:Ascendas REIT (+0.41%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (+1.42%) ,MMapletree Log Trust (+0.47%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI23000MBeCW160929 (+13.95%) ,HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+9.35%) ,HSI22800VTeCW160929 (+14.02%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (+0.90%) ,DBS MB ePW170201 (-0.94%) ,SGX VT eCW161212 (+5.46%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY PEC ABOVE 0.440 TGT 0.460 0.480 SL 0.420.