MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 28.22 points or 0.99% lower to 2829.43, taking the year-to-date performance to –
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 2.37%, UOB, which declined 0.28%, DBS, which declined 0.46%,OCBC Bank, which declined 0.46% and ComfortDelGro, with a 0.35% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.45%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.61%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 2.63%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 3.42% higher and unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 2.26%. Singtel shares declined 2.37% and StarHub declined 1.07%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:
iShares USD Asia HY Bond ETF (-0.72%) ,SPDR Gold Shares (-0.40%) ,IS MSCI India (-0.14%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:CapitaLand Mall Trust (-2.32%) ,Ascendas REIT (-0.81%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (-0.97%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI22800VTeCW160929 (-12.30%) ,HSI23000MBeCW160929 (-13.13%) ,HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-7.76%).
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (-7.50%) ,UOB MB eCW170201 (-2.27%) ,OCBC Bk MBeCW170118 (-4.76%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GEOENERGY RES ABOVE 0.128 TGT 0.138 0.148 SL 0.118.