MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 19.28 points or 0.67% lower to 2857.65, taking the year-to-date performance to –
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 1.17%, DBS, which declined 1.11%, ComfortDelGro, which
gained 0.71%, Global Logistic, which declined 2.11% and UOB, with a 0.17% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.43%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.16%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.25%. The two biggest
stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 0.45% higher and 1.28% higher
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.22%. Singtel shares declined 1.17% and StarHub declined 1.84%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were: SPDR Gold Shares ETF (-0.10%) ,DBXT MSCI Thailand TRN ETF (-0.15%) ,STI ETF (-0.69%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were: Ascendas REIT (+0.41%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (-0.92%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (-0.32%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI22800VTeCW160929 (+7.02%) HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+4.51%) HSI22400MBePW160929 (-10.47%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (-5.51%) ,DBS MB ePW170201 (+5.10%) ,UOB MB eCW170201 (-3.30%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GLOBAL TECH ABOVE 0.042 TGT 0.046 0.050 SL 0.038