MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 5.02 points or 0.17% higher to 2874.59, taking the year-to-date performance to 0.28%.
- The top active stocks today were UOB, which gained 1.12%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.46%, Singtel, which gained 0.71%, DBS, which gained 0.39% and ComfortDelGro, which closed unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.55%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.33%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 0.55%.
- Thetwo biggest stocks of the Index – Singtel and StarHub – ended 0.71% higher and 1.60% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.17%. Silverlake Axis shares
declined 1.68% and CSE Global declined 3.33%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF (-0.91%) ,STI ETF (unchanged) ,SPDR Gold Shares (-0.97%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:Ascendas REIT (-0.81%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (+0.46%) ,Fortune REIT HKD (+1.43%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-2.63%) ,HSI22800VTeCW160929 (unchanged) ,HSI23000MBeCW160929 (-4.12%).
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (unchanged) ,UOB MB eCW170201 (+8.33%) ,DBS MB ePW170201 (-1.01%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY VIBRANT GROUP ABOVE 0.405 TGT 0.425 0.440 SL 0.390.