MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 15.8 points or 0.55% higher to 2866.23, taking the year-to-date performance to –
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.40%, CapitaLand, which gained 2.28%, UOB, which gained 1.07%,
OCBC Bank, which gained 1.77% and Singtel, with a 0.47% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.31%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.53%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 1.24%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources – ended 4.35% higher and 3.81% higher
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which slipped 1.30%. Wilmar International shares declined 0.32% and Thai Beverage declined 1.98%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:
IS MSCI India (+0.55%) ,STI ETF (+0.69%) ,DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF (+0.48%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:
Ascendas REIT (+0.82%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (+0.46%) ,Mapletree Com Trust (-0.96%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI23800UBeCW161229(-14.29%) HSI22400MBePW160929 (+10.00%) HSI23800MBeCW160929 (-20.64%).
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (+16.51%) ,UOB MB eCW170201 (+10.53%) ,DBS MB ePW170201 (-12.39%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SINO GRANDNESS ABOVE 0.565 TGT 0.595 0.625 SL 0.540.