MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 9.24 points or 0.33% higher to 2850.43, taking the year-to-date performance to –
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.87%, Singtel, which gained 0.72%, CapitaLand, which declined 0.33%, UOB, which gained 0.51% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.24% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.14%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.12%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.91%. The two biggest
stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 2.36% higher and 0.22% higher
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which slipped 0.39%. Wilmar International shares declined 0.32%and Thai Beverage declined 0.98%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:IS MSCI India (+0.14%) ,DBXT MSCI Thailand TRN ETF (-1.36%) ,DBXT MSCI Taiwan ETF (-1.41%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:Ascendas REIT (+1.24%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (-1.28%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (+0.94%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+0.76%) ,HSI22800VTeCW160929 (+3.73%) ,HSI22400MBePW160929 (-2.44%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (+5.83%) ,DBS MB eCW170201 (+5.83%) ,DBS MB ePW170201 (-5.04%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NEW SILKROUTES ABOVE 0.540 TGT 0.565 0.580 SL 0.515.