MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 2 points or 0.07% higher to 2838.98, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.52%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.68%, Singtel, which declined 0.24%, CapitaLand, which closed unchanged, UOB, which closed unchanged and CapitaLand Mall Trust, with a 1.88% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.45%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.51%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 0.94%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources- ended unchanged and 0.96% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 0.62%. Singtel shares declined 0.24 % and StarHub gained 0.52 %.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:IS MSCI India (+0.14%) ,iShares USD Asia Bond ETF (+1.08%) ,STI ETF (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:CapitaLand Mall Trust (+1.88%) ,Ascendas REIT (-1.22%) ,Mapletree GCC Trust (+0.91%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI23000MBeCW160929 (-12.80%) ,HSI22800VTeCW160929 (-6.16%) ,HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-7.86%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (+3.88%) ,SGX VT eCW161212 (-1.49%) ,DBS MB ePW170201 (-4.76%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY BAKER TECHNOLOGY ABOVE 0.570 TGT 0.600 0.630 SL 0.540.