MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 6.11 points or 0.21% lower to 2837.24, taking the year-to-date performance to 1.58%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 0.24%, DBS, which gained 0.27%, CapitaLand, which declined 1.28%, ComfortDelGro, which declined 2.07% and UOB, which closed unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.26%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.25%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.15%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 1.70 % higher and unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.86%. Midas Holdings shares declined 4.17% and Geo Energy Resources gained 0.97%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:SPDR Gold Shares (+0.34%) ,STI ETF (unchanged) ,IS MSCI India (+0.14%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:CapitaLand Mall Trust (-1.39%) ,Ascendas REIT (unchanged) ,Mapletree Com Trust (-0.33%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+9.38%) ,HSI23000MBeCW160929 (+22.55%) ,HSI22800VTeCW160929 (+17.74%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (-0.96%) ,UOB MB eCW170201 (-2.63%) ,DBS MB ePW170201 (+2.44%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY COSCO ABOVE 0.280 TGT 0.295 0.305 SL 0.265