Daily Archives: August 19, 2016
- The South Korean won fell nearly 1 per cent on Friday, giving up gains from earlier in the week even as the dollar wallowed at close to tow-month lows.
- The won stood at 1,116.7 as of 0217 GMT, compared to Thursday’s close of 1,107.2.
- There is no special reason for the won’s sharp fall. It seems like the investors are deciding to sell the currency just because they view the won isn’t likeley to strengthen anymore,said Jung Sung-yoon, a foreign exchange analyst at Hyundai Futures.
- On a weekly basis, the won was set to decline 1.2 per cent, snapping three consecutive weeks of gains.
For more Market Updates, please visit EPIC RESEARCH PTE LTD.
MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 6.11 points or 0.21% lower to 2837.24, taking the year-to-date performance to 1.58%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 0.24%, DBS, which gained 0.27%, CapitaLand, which declined 1.28%, ComfortDelGro, which declined 2.07% and UOB, which closed unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.26%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.25%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.15%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 1.70 % higher and unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.86%. Midas Holdings shares declined 4.17% and Geo Energy Resources gained 0.97%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:SPDR Gold Shares (+0.34%) ,STI ETF (unchanged) ,IS MSCI India (+0.14%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were:CapitaLand Mall Trust (-1.39%) ,Ascendas REIT (unchanged) ,Mapletree Com Trust (-0.33%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were:
HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+9.38%) ,HSI23000MBeCW160929 (+22.55%) ,HSI22800VTeCW160929 (+17.74%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW170201 (-0.96%) ,UOB MB eCW170201 (-2.63%) ,DBS MB ePW170201 (+2.44%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY COSCO ABOVE 0.280 TGT 0.295 0.305 SL 0.265
For more information about SGX stock market please feel free to visit EPIC RESEARCH PTE LTD.
© Copyright 2013, All Rights Reserved, Epic Research Pvt. Ltd.