MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 3.91 points or 0.14% lower to 2865.91, taking the year-to-date performance to – 0.58%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.60%, Singtel, which declined 0.47%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.36%, UOB, which gained 0.28% and JMH USD, with a 2.21% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.05%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.09%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.93%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 1.67% higher and 1.09% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 0.72%. Midas Holdings shares declined 2.04% and Geo Energy Resources ended 3.74% higher.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF (+1.53%) ,CIMB FTSE ASEAN 40 (+0.68%) ,iShares MSCI India (+1.53%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.41%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (-1.38%) ,Mapletree Com Trust (-0.33%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+9.17%) ,HSI22800VTeCW160929 (+12.93%) ,HSI23000MBeCW160929 (+13.54%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW170201 (+3.92%) ,DBS VT eCW161212 (+3.77%) ,DBS MB ePW161201 (-3.70%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SWING MEDIA TECH ABOVE 0.700 TGT 0.735 0.750 SL 0.665