MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 4.79 points or 0.17% higher to 2875.57, taking the year-to-date performance to – 0.25%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.40%, Singtel, which gained closed unchanged, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.12%, UOB, which declined 0.06% and Ascendas REIT, which closed unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.57%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.19%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 2.09%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 2.61% higher and 2.20% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 0.54%. Keppel Corp shares and Sembcorp Industries remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were: DBXT MSCI Thailand TRN ETF (+1.59%) ,SPDR Gold Shares (+1.61%) ,STI ETF (+0.35%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (unchanged) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (-0.91%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (+0.64%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800VTeCW160929 (-4.55%) ,HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-7.38%) ,HSI23000MBeCW160929 (-6.32%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW170201 (unchanged) ,UOB VT eCW161212 (-7.27%) ,DBS VT eCW161212 (-8.62%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY WEE HUR ABOVE 0.270 TGT 0.285 0.300 SL 0.255