MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 42.61 points or 1.51% higher to 2870.78, taking the year-to-date performance to – 0.41%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which gained 3.19%, DBS, which gained 1.42%, UOB, which gained 0.73%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.17% and ComfortDelGro, with a 2.87% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.02%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.06%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 2.80%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – Singtel and StarHub – ended 3.19% higher and 1.27% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 1.17%. Raffles Medical Group shares declined 1.30% and Riverstone Holdings declined 1.12%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF (+1.83%) ,SPDR Gold Shares (-2.27%) ,IS MSCI India (+1.79%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : CapitaLand Mall Trust (+2.80%) ,Ascendas REIT (-0.81%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (+1.96%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+16.19%) ,HSI22400UBeCW161028 (+24.55%) ,HSI23000MBeCW160929 (+25.00%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB ePW161201 (-8.22%) ,UOB MB eCW161031 (+6.00%) ,UOB MB ePW161201 (-5.00%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHIWAYLAND INTL ABOVE 0.127 TGT 0.137 0.147 SL 0.117