MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 2.96 points or 0.1% higher to 2830.54, taking the year-to-date performance to – 1.81%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which gained 0.49%, DBS, which declined 0.33%, Noble, which gained 9.85%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.48% and Jardine Strategic Holdings, with a 0.69% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.19%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.02%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 0.57%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – Singtel and StarHub – ended 0.49% higher and 1.03% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which slipped 1.33%. Wilmar International shares declined 0.66%and Thai Beverage declined 2.38%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+0.70%) ,SPDR Gold Shares (-0.99%) ,DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF (unchanged).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+2.44%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (+1.42%) ,Mapletree Com Trust (-0.33%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+3.33%) ,HSI22400UBeCW161028 (+3.45%) ,HSI23000MBeCW160929 (+7.02%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : OCBC Bk MB ePW161227 (+1.43%) ,DBS MB ePW161201 (-0.74%) ,UOB MB eCW161031 (+1.92%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ALLIANCE MINIRAL ABOVE 0.086 TARGET 0.090 0.095 SL 0.080