MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 31.57 points or 1.11% lower to 2825.1, taking the year-to-date performance to – 2.00%.
- The top active stocks today were UOB, which declined 0.83%, Singtel, which gained 0.25%, DBS, which declined 0.40%, OCBC Bank, which declined 2.79% and Noble, with a 0.75% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.37%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.14%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 0.10%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – Singtel and StarHub – ended 0.25% higher and 1.52% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 2.63%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 1.74% and CSE Global declined 1.09%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.45%) ,STI ETF (-0.35%) ,DBXT FT China 25 ETF (-0.71%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.60%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (-1.85%) ,Mapletree Com Trust (+0.66%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-18.18%) ,HSI22200MBeCW160929 (-25.74%) ,HSI21200MBePW160830 (+53.33%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-8.89%) ,DBS MB ePW161201 (-0.73%) ,UOB MB eCW161031 (-7.14%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHINA AVIATION ABOVE 1.545 TARGTE 1.600 1.650 SL 1.460