MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 35.85 points or 1.24% lower to 2856.67, taking the year-to-date performance to – 0.90%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 3.11%, DBS, which declined 1.37%, UOB, which declined 1.09%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.81% and Noble, with a 17.90% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.25%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.93%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 3.96%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 5.51% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 2.82%. Singtel shares declined 3.11% and StarHub declined 0.25%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (-1.04%) ,SPDR Gold Shares (+0.72%) ,DBXT S&P CNX Nifty ETF (+0.11%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.79%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (+0.47%) ,Mapletree Com Trust (-1.61%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : NKY 15500MBePW161209 (+8.81%) ,NKY 16000MBePW160909 (+18.09%) ,CN10000MBeCW161028 (-2.56%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-13.46%) ,UOB MB eCW161031 (-13.85%) ,DBS MB ePW161201 (+5.39%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY FIRST RESOURCE ABOVE 1.650 TARGET 1.680 1.730 SL 1.600