MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 20.94 points or 0.73% higher to 2889.63, taking the year-to-date performance to +0.24%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which gained closed unchanged, DBS, which declined 0.32%, UOB, which gained 0.50%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.70% and CapitaLand, with a 2.52% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.31%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.53%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Services Index, which rose 1.61%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – ComfortDelGro Corp and Singapore Press Holdings- ended 0.36% higher and 1.59% higher respectively.
- The under performing sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 0.87%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 2.53% and Jardine Strategic Holdings ended 0.26% higher.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF (unchanged) ,IS MSCI India (-4.40%) ,SPDR Gold Shares (+1.29%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+2.86%) ,CapitaLand Mall Trust (+0.47%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (+1.33%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+7.84%) ,HSI21200MBePW160830 (-30.14%) ,HSI22400UBeCW161028 (+16.00%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-7.14%) ,OCBC Bk MBeCW170118 (+2.33%) ,UOB MB eCW161031 (+1.56%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY PARKSON RETAIL ABOVE 0.160 TARGET 0.165 0.172 SL 0.155