MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 49.93 points or 1.71% lower to 2868.69, taking the year-to-date performance to – 0.49%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 2.96%, Singtel, which declined 2.56%, UOB, which declined 2.67%, OCBC Bank, which declined 2.27% and Ascendas REIT, with a 3.16% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.92%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.59%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Services Index, which rose 0.22%
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – ComfortDelGro Corp and Singapore Press Holdings – remained unchanged and ended 0.80% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 2.43%. Singtel shares declined 2.56% and StarHub declined 0.76%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : iShares USD Asia Bond ETF (+0.09%) ,ORD ETF (-2.70%) ,IS MSCI India (+6.48%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-3.16%), CapitaLand Monkeys (unchanged) ,Mapletree Com Trust (+1.60%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-15.00%), HSI22400UBeCW161028 (-24.24%) ,HSI22200MBeCW160929 (-19.18%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : TQH MB eCW161031 (-26.32%), UOB MB eCW161031 (-18.99%), DBS MB ePW161003 (+34.78%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY DUTECH ABOVE 0.460 TGT 0.480 0.500 SL 0.440