MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 23.88 points or 0.81% lower to 2917.61, taking the year-to-date performance to +1.21%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 2.34%, Singtel, which declined 0.46%, UOB, which declined 1.27%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.57% and Wilmar Intl, with a close unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.04%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.88%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Services Index, which rose 0.09%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – ComfortDelGro Corp and Singapore Press Holdings- ended 0.70% lower and 0.53% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 2.25%. Keppel Corp shares declined 1.66% and Sembcorp Industries declined 2.73%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : DBXT S&P/ASX 200 ETF (unchanged) ,SPDR Gold Shares (+1.68%) ,STI ETF (-0.67%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.39%),CapitaLand Mall Trust (-0.47%) ,Mapletree Com Trust (+1.63%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400UBeCW161028 (-5.04%) ,HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-6.25%) ,HSI21200MBePW160830 (-3.28%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-19.15%) ,UOB MB eCW161130 (-12.70%) ,OCBC Bk MB ePW161227 (+5.17%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CITYNEON ABOVE 0.955 TGT 0.9995 1.020 SL 0.905