MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 8.05 points or 0.27% higher to 2941.49, taking the year-to-date performance to +2.04%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 0.23%, DBS, which gained 0.37%, Wilmar Intl, which gained 0.98%, UOB, which gained 0.42% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.11% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.18%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.32%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which rose 1.70%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Raffles Medical Group and Riverstone Holdings – ended 2.27% higher and 0.56% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which slipped 0.39%. CapitaLand Mall Trust shares declined 2.27% and Ascendas REIT declined 0.78%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.20%) ,DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF (+0.47%) ,DBXT MSCI Taiwan ETF (+1.43%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : CapitaLand Mall Trust (-2.27%) ,Ascendas REIT (-0.78%) ,Mapletree Com Tr (+2.33%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22200MBeCW160929 (+2.07%) ,HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+3.23%) ,HSI22400UBeCW161028 (+0.73%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+3.30%) ,UOB MB eCW161130 (+6.78%) ,OCBC Bk MBeCW170118 (-1.89%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY REGAL INTL ABOVE 0.157 TGT 0.167 0.177 SL 0.147