MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 3.59 points or 0.12% higher to 2933.44, taking the year-to-date performance to +1.76%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which gained 0.94%, DBS, which declined 0.25%, Ascendas REIT, which gained 3.64%, CapitaLand, which declined 0.63% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.11% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.08%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.13%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which rose 1.30%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – CapitaLand Mall Trust and Ascendas REIT – ended 0.63% lower and 3.64% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 1.07%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 0.60%and Jardine Strategic Holdings declined 1.60%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF (+0.21%) ,SPDR Gold Shares (+0.63%) ,IS MSCI India (+0.14%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+3.64%),CapitaLand Mall Trust (+2.33%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (unchanged).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+5.98%) ,HSI22200MBeCW160929 (+4.32%) ,HSI21200MBePW160830 (-18.18%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-4.21%),UOB MB eCW161130 (-6.35%) ,OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (-6.67%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CNMC GOLDMINE ABOVE 0.495 TGT 0.520 0.535 SL 0.470