MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 12.86 points or 0.44% lower to 2932.49, taking the year-to-date performance to +1.73%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 0.47%, CapitaLand, which gained 1.60%, DBS, which declined 0.31%, UOB, which declined 1.10% and OCBC Bank, with a 1.45% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.25%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.50%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.57%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 0.28% higher and 0.10% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 2.51%. Raffles Medical Group shares declined 3.40%and Riverstone Holdings remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF (+0.45%) ,STI ETF (+0.34%) ,IS MSCI India (+0.28%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-2.37%), CapitaLand Mall Trust (-2.27%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (-1.30%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22200MBeCW160929 (unchanged) ,HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-1.68%) ,HSI22400UBeCW161028 (-0.74%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (unchanged) ,UOB MB eCW161130 (-7.35%) ,UOB MB eCW161031 (-5.26%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY BESTWORLD ABOVE 1.440 TGT 1.500 1.540 SL 1.370