MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 4.87 points or 0.17% higher to 2945.35, taking the year-to-date performance to +2.17%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which gained 1.66%, DBS, which declined 0.06%, Wilmar Intl, which declined 0.97%, UOB, which gained 0.26% and ComfortDelGro, with a 1.73% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.84%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.24%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 1.48%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – Singtel and StarHub – ended 1.66% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 1.45%. Keppel Corp shares declined 1.43% and Sembcorp Industries declined 0.35%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF (-0.33%) ,SPDR Gold Shares (+0.21%) ,DBXT MSCI Taiwan ETF (-0.59%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+1.61%) ,Suntec REIT (-2.52%) ,CapitaLand Commercial Trust (-1.28%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (unchanged) ,HSI22000MBeCW160929 (-0.95%) ,HSI22400UBeCW161028 (+1.50%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-6.86%) ,OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (-6.98%) ,OCBC Bk MBeCW170118 (-6.25%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY 8TELECOM ABOVE 0.150 TGT 0.160 0.170 SL 140