MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 5.26 points or 0.18% lower to 2940.48, taking the year-to-date performance to +2.00%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which declined 1.63%, DBS, which gained 0.43%, Wilmar Intl, which
declined 1.58%, SMRT, which gained 6.47% and SPH, with a 1.84% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.39%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.35%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which rose 1.96%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Raffles Medical Group and Riverstone Holdings – ended 2.56% higher and remained unchanged.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.57%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 1.70% and CSE Global increased 2.17%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.37%) ,STI ETF (unchanged) ,DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF (-0.14%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : CapitaLand Mall Trust (+1.37%) ,Ascendas REIT (unchanged), CapitaLand Commercial Trust (unchanged).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+8.18%) ,HSI22400UBeCW161028 (+6.40%) ,HSI21200MBePW160830 (-6.52%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+5.16%) ,OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (unchanged) ,UOB MB ePW161003 (-2.44%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY 8TELECOM ABOVE 0.129 TGT 0.138 0.148 SL 0.119