MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 26.2 points or 0.90% higher to 2945.74, taking the year-to-date performance to +2.19%.
- The top active stocks today were Wilmar Intl, which declined 5.67%, SingTel, which gained 1.42%, DBS, which gained 0.62%, ThaiBev, which gained 3.55% and UOB, with a 0.85% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.39%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.42%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 3.96%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 3.51% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 0.73%. Keppel Infrastructure Trust shares remained unchanged and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 2.46%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+0.68%) ,SPDR Gold Shares (-0.55%) ,IS MSCI India 100 (+0.70%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (unchanged)CapitaMall Trust (+0.92%),CapitaCom Trust (-0.64%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+19.57%),HSI21200MBePW160830 (-15.60%),HSI22400UBeCW161028 (+17.93%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+6.59%) ,UOB MB ePW161003 (-7.87%) ,OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (+13.16%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY TRITECH ABOVE 0.073 TGT 0.077 0.080 SL 0.069