MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 9.22 points or 0.31% lower to 2919.54, taking the year-to-date performance to +1.28%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which closed unchanged, DBS, which declined 0.37%, SPH, which declined 2.08%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.78% and ThaiBev, with a 2.60% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.84%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.46%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 0.88%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – remained unchanged and +2.60% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 3.38%. Silverlake Axis shares declined – 5.00% and CSE Global remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (-1.01%), SPDR Gold Shares (+0.45%), iShares USD Asia HY Bond ETF (-0.09%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.40%), CapitaLand Commercial Trust (-0.63%), CapitaLand Mall Trust (-0.46%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23800UBeCW161229 (-3.16%), HSI22400UBeCW161028 (-5.36%), HSI20400MBePW160830 (+6.90%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-7.14%), OCBC Bk MBeCW170118 (unchanged), UOB MB eCW161130 (-5.88%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GSH ABOVE 0.325 TGT 0.345 00.365 SL 0.305