MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 3.41 points or 0.12% higher to 2928.76, taking the year-to-date performance to +1.60%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 0.94%, DBS, which gained 0.43%, SPH, which declined 5.41%, UOB, which gained 1.01% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.78% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.10%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.08%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.86%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 2.56% higher and 1.08% lower respectively.
- The under performing sector was the FTSE ST Consumer Services Index, which slipped 1.68%. ComfortDelGro Corp shares declined 3.65%and Singapore Press Holdings declined 5.41%..
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were:IS MSCI India 100 (-0.28%), STI ETF (+0.68%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (+0.43%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : CapitaCom Trust (+0.64%), CapitaMall Trust (+0.93%), Ascendas REIT (+1.64%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21800MBeCW160830 (-5.00%), HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+6.74%), HSI20400MBePW160830 (-10.77%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (+7.41%), DBS MB eCW161031 (+5.38%), UOB MB ePW161003 (-8.60%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY 800 SUPER ABOVE 0.710 TGT 0.740 0.770 SL 0.675