MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 25.68 points or 0.89% higher to 2901.82, taking the year-to-date performance to +0.66%.The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 1.89%, DBS, which gained 0.38%, UOB, which gained 0.93%, Noble, which gained6.10% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.80% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.03%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.52%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 2.92%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 3.60% higher and 2.22% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 0.21%. Keppel Infrastructure Trust shares declined 0.98% and SIIC Environment Holdings remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (+0.85%),STI ETF (+0.69%),SPDR Gold Shares (-0.27%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+1.64%),CapitaMall Trust (-0.46%),Suntec REIT (unchanged).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20800MBePW160728 (-38.10%),HSI19400UBePW160929 (-13.83%),HSI23800UBeCW161229 (+12.07%).
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (unchanged),OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (+6.85%),DBS MB ePW161003 (-3.39%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ALLIANCE MINERAL ABOVE 0.087 TGT 0.092 0.097 SL 0.083