MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 29.1 points or 1.02% higher to 2876.14, taking the year-to-date performance to -0.23%.The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 2.17%, DBS, which gained 0.57%, UOB, which gained 1.21%, Global Logistic, which gained 2.19% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.57% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.33%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.31%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 2.27%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 2.78% higher and 1.12% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which slipped 0.20%. Wilmar International shares remained unchangedand Thai Beverage declined 0.52%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.15%),STI ETF (+1.39%),CIMB FTSE ASEAN40 100 (+0.12%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.41%),CapitaMall Trust (+0.93%),Suntec REIT (+0.56%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21400MBeCW160728 (+29.73%),HSI21400MBeCW160929 (+19.61%),HSI20000MBePW160728 (-38.89%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+7.69%),OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (+2.82%),UOB MB eCW161031 (+11.27%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GMG GLOBAL ABOVE 0.590 TGT 0.620 0.660 SL 0.560