MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 16.84 points or 0.59% lower to 2845.33, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.30%.The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 0.72%, UOB, which declined 0.17%, DBS, which gained 0.13%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.57% and Noble, with an 8.15% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.62%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.50%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.60%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 1.89% higher and 1.14% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 1.67%. Keppel Corp shares declined 1.80% and Sembcorp Industries declined 0.70%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.66%),Lyxor Asia 10 (unchanged),DBXT MSCI Taiwan ETF 10 (-1.59%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.61%),CapitaMall Trust (-0.46%),CapitaCom Trust (-1.62%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200UBeCW160929 (-14.58%),HSI21400MBeCW160929 (-10.53%),HSI19400UBePW160929 (+6.54%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-2.50%),OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (-6.58%),UOB MB eCW161031 (-5.33%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY G INVACOM ABOVE 0.122 TGT 0.130 0.140 SL 0.114