MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 2.5 points or 0.09% lower to 2862.17, taking the year-to-date performance to -0.71%.The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.48%, DBS, which declined 0.44%, UOB, which declined 1.62%, Noble Resources, which declined 29.52% and Hongkong Land USD, with a 1.45% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.07%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.13%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which rose 0.70%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – CapitaMall Trust and Ascendas REIT – remained unchanged and ended 0.81% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.59%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 1.85% and CSE Global declined 1.12%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.55%),STI ETF (unchanged),IS MSCI India 100 (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.81%),Capitamall Trust (unchanged),Mapletree Com Trust (+1.71%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400UBeCW161028 (-15.63%),HSI21400MBeCW160728 (-7.55%),HSI21200UBeCW160929 (-8.57%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-5.88%),OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (+1.33%),UOB MB eCW161031 (-9.64%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ANCHOR RESOURCES ABOVE 0.142 TGT 0.150 0.160 SL 0.132