MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 5.89 points or 0.21% lower to 2864.67, taking the year-to-date performance to –
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which closed unchanged, DBS, which declined 0.19%, Noble, which closed unchanged, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.34% and UOB, with a 0.32% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.03%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.15%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.98%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 2.86% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 1.08%. Keppel Infrastructure Trust shares remainedunchanged and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 2.31%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.35%), IS MSCI India 100 (-0.85%), STI ETF (-0.69%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.20%), Capitamall Trust (-0.91%), Mapletree Commercial Trust (-3.31%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21400MBeCW160728 (-27.40%), HSI22400UBeCW161028 (-20.00%), HSI20000MBePW160728 (+23.26%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-2.30%), OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (-2.60%), DBS MB ePW161003 (-1.52%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NOBLE ABOVE 0.205 TGT 0.220 0.230 SL 0.195