MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 5.44 points or 0.19% higher to 2846.37, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.26%.The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.24%, DBS, which declined 0.38%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.69%, UOB, which gained 0.54% and CapitaLand, with a 0.33% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.53%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.17%. The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 1.98%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Infrastructure Trust and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 2.02% higher and 3.23% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 0.74%. Midas Holdingsshares declined 1.92% and Geo Energy Resources increased 0.89%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : CIMB FTSE Asean40 100 (unchanged),SPDR Gold Shares (+1.31%),STI ETF (+0.35%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.81%),Capitacom Trust (+1.70%),Capitamall Trust (+1.88%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : S&P 2020MBePW160916 (-8.46%),STI 2800MBeCW161031 (+2.70%),S&P 2120MBeCW160916 (+77.27%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-5.62%),OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (+5.88%),UOB MB eCW161031 (+5.95%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY COSCO ABOVE 0.320 TGT 0.340 0.360 SL 0.300