MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 48.2 points or 1.73% higher to 2840.93, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.45%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.48%, SingTel, which gained 2.23%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.36%, UOB, which gained 2.56% and CapitaLand, with a 1.99% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.03%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.25%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 4.49%. The
two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 6.19% higher and 1.12% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which rose 0.23%. Capita-
Mall Trust shares declined2.29% and Ascendas REIT increased 0.81%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India 100 (+2.21%), STI ETF (+1.41%), SPDR Gold Shares (-0.22%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.81%), Capitamall Trust (-2.29%), Suntec REIT (+1.43%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200UBeCW160929 (+17.02%), HSI21600MBeCW161028 (+17.24%), HSI21400MBeCW160728 (+45.28%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (+11.48%), DBS MB eCW161031 (+11.25%), DBS MB ePW161003 (-12.82%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY RESOURCE PRIMA ABOVE 0.033 TGT 0.036 0.038 SL 0.031