MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 36.2 points or 1.31% higher to 2792.73, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.12%.The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 1.25%, DBS, which gained 1.50%, UOB, which gained 1.53%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.19% and CapitaLand, with a 2.38% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.43%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.59%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 2.28%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Infrastructure Trust and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 1.03% higher and 2.50% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 0.92%. Midas Holdings shares declined 1.92% and Geo Energy Resources remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (+0.71%),DBXT MSCI Korea ETF 10 (+3.76%),IS MSCI India 100 (+1.50%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+3.32%),Frasers L&I Trust (+1.62%),Ascendas REIT (+1.24%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+6.67%),HSI20400UBeCW160929 (+16.44%),HSI20000MBePW160728 (-24.07%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+4.17%),UOB MB eCW161031 (+11.77%),SingTelMBeCW161114 (+25.93%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHINA EVERBRIGHT ABOVE 0.650 TGT 0.680 0.705 SL 0.620