MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 26.68 points or 0.98% higher to 2756.53, taking the year-to-date performance to – 4.38%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 2.57%, DBS, which gained 0.26%, UOB, which gained 0.45%, Ascendas REIT, which gained 2.53% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.60% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.61%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 1.03%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 2.70%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 2.57% higher and 4.47% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 0.08%. Raffles Medical Group shares remained unchangedand Riverstone Holdings declined 0.55%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.83%), STI ETF (+0.71%), IS MSCI India 100 (-0.30%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+2.53%), Capitamall Trust (+2.43%), Capitacom Trust (+1.75%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20600MBeCW160728 (-1.14%), HSI21400MBeCW160728 (-4.76%), HSI21600MBeCW161028 (-2.33%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were:
DBS MB eCW161031 (+4.17%), UOB MB eCW161031 (+1.49%), OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (+5.77%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SPACKMAN ABOVE 0.106 TGT 0.111 0.115 SL 0.101