MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 5.54 points or 0.2% lower to 2729.85, taking the year-to-date performance to -5.30%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.61%, SingTel, which gained 1.83%, UOB, which declined 1.35%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.48% and Global Logistic, with a 1.69% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.04%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.16%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 1.71%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 1.83% higher and 1.13% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.49%. Midas Holdings shares declined 3.77% and Geo Energy Resources increased 2.75%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.89%),iShares USD Asia HY Bond ETF (-1.13%),DBXT MSCI Europe ETF 10 (-1.50%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+3.00%),Ascendas REIT (+3.04%),Suntec REIT (+0.91%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20600MBeCW160728 (+7.32%),HSI21400MBeCW160728 (-8.70%),HSI2040UBeCW160929 (+2.56%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-13.25%),UOB MB eCW161031 (-8.22%),OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (-3.70%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ANCHOR RESOURCES ABOVE 0.121 TGT 0.127 0.132 SL 0.115