MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 28.18 points or 1.02% higher to 2791.6, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.16%. The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 2.24%, SingTel, which gained 1.58%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.39%, CityDev, which declined 1.58% and UOB, with a 2.01% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.55%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.67%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 1.54%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 2.24% higher and 3.25% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 0.82%. Midas Holdings shares remained unchanged and Geo Energy Resources declined 0.93%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Shares USD Asia HY Bond ETF (-0.47%),STI ETF (+1.42%),SPDR Gold Shares (+0.23%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (unchanged),Suntec REIT (+0.30%),Ascendas REIT (-0.42%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19400UBePW160929 (-11.70%),HSI20000MBePW160728 (-19.86%),HSI21200UBeCW160929 (+20.00%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+15.05%),UOB MB eCW161031 (+12.20%),KepCorp MB eCW161101 (+7.58%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY BEST WORLD ABOVE 1.160 TGT 1.205 1.240 SL 1.100