MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 22.69 points or 0.82% lower to 2751.56, taking the year-to-date performance to -4.55%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.89%, SingTel, which declined 0.79%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.18%, UOB, which declined 1.05% and Keppel Corp, with a 1.86% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.85%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 1.20%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which declined 0.16%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 0.70% higher and 1.26% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 2.39%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 2.94% and CSE Global declined 1.16%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.95%), STI ETF (-1.06%), IS MSCI India 100 (-0.74%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (unchanged), Capitamall Trust (unchanged), Capitacom Trust (+0.36%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20600MBeCW160728 (-22.33%), HSI22400UBeCW161028 (-24.29%), HSI21400MBeCW160728 (-28.30%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-7.00%), UOB MB eCW161031 (-8.51%), DBS MB ePW161003 (+6.41%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ANCHOR RESOURCES ABOVE 0.118 TGT 0.124 0.128 SL 0.112