MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 5.92 points or 0.21% higher to 2774.25, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.76%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.26%, DBS, which gained 0.70%, UOB, which gained 0.17%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.24% and Noble, with a 2.13% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.03%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index remained unchanged.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 0.76%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 1.32% higher and 0.71% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 0.60%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 0.97% and CSE Global remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.09%), STI ETF (unchanged), DBXT MSCI Pakistan IM ETF 10 (+4.16%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.86%), Capitamall Trust (-0.98%), Capitacom Trust (-0.36%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20600MBeCW160728 (unchanged), HSI21200UBeCW160929 (unchanged), HSI20400UBeCW160929 (-2.13%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+4.17%), UOB MB eCW161031 (+4.44%), DBS MB ePW161003 (-3.53%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY G INVACOM ABOVE 0.118 TGT 0.124 0.127 SL 0.112