MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 17.1 points or 0.61% lower to 2768.33, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.97%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.13%, SingTel, which declined 1.55%, UOB, which declined 1.04%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.36% and Keppel Corp, with a 1.48% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.02%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.02%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 0.93%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global – ended 0.98% higher and 3.37% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.48%. SingTel shares declined 1.55% and Star-Hub declined 0.84%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (-0.30%), STI ETF (-0.35%), DBXT FT China 25 ETF 10 (-1.10%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.43%), Capitamall Trust (+0.49%), Capitacom Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200UBeCW160929 (-8.11%), HSI20600MBeCW160728 (-12.71%), HSI20400UBeCW160929 (-6.00%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (+1.05%), UOB MB eCW161031 (-7.22%), DBS MB ePW161003 (-3.53%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY MANHATTAN RES ABOVE 0.117 TGT 0.123 0.126 SL 0.111