MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 37.54 points or 1.33% lower to 2785.43, taking the year-to-date performance to -3.38%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.45%, SingTel, which declined 1.03%, OCBC Bank, which declined 2.42%, UOB, which declined 1.67% and CapitaLand, with a 1.32% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.16%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 1.10%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which closed unchanged.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources – both ended the trading day unchanged.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 3.05%. Keppel Corp shares declined 3.40% and Sembcorp Industries declined 1.74%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.53%), iShares USD Asia HY Bond ETF (unchanged), STI ETF (-1.39%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.43%), Capitamall Trust (-0.49%), Capitacom Trust (-1.42%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19400UBePW160929 (+15.49%), HSI21200UBeCW160929 (-17.16%), HSC9400UBeCW160929 (-17.24%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-12.04%), UOB MB eCW161031 (-10.19%), KepCorp MB eCW161101 (-17.44%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHINA ENV ABOVE 0.039 TGT 0.042 0.045 SL 0.037