MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 20.83 points or 0.73% lower to 2822.97, taking the year-to-date performance to-2.07%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.06%, SingTel, which declined 1.27%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.80%, UOB, which declined 0.69% and Global Logistic, with a 1.62% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.55%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.43%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 0.16%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended 0.88% lower and 1.67% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 2.25%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 2.78% and CSE Global increased 2.35%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.44%), STI ETF (-0.69%), DBXT FT China 25 ETF 10 (-1.96%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-0.86%), Capitamall Trust (unchanged), apitacom Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20000MBePW160728 (+14.09%),HSI20600MBePW160629 (+30.19%), HSI21800MBeCW160629 (-43.90%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161031 (-3.57%), OCBC BK MB eCW161003 (-12.20%), UOB MB eCW161031 (-7.69%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GS HLDG ABOVE 0.310 TGT 0.335 0.350 SL 0.280