MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 18.58 points or 0.65% lower to 2843.8, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.35%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.19%, Keppel Corp, which declined 0.35%, Global Logistic, which gained 1.93%, UOB, which declined 1.26% and SingTel, with a 0.25% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.21%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.14%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 0.42%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Infrastructure Trust and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 1.01% higher and 0.78% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which slipped 1.58%. Wilmar International shares declined 0.29%and Thai Beverage declined 2.70%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.56%), STI ETF (-0.69%), IS MSCI India 100 (-1.15%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (unchanged), Capitamall Trust (-0.49%), Capitacom Trust (-0.35%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : STI 2800MBePW160831 (+3.23%), NKY 18500MBeCW160909 (-15.91%), STI 2750MBeCW160630 (-7.02%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MB eCW161101 (-1.06%), UOB MB eCW161031 (-8.59%), DBS MB eCW161031 (+1.82%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ASL MARINE ABOVE 0.310 TGT 0.325 0.335 SL 0.295