MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 14.29 points or 0.5% higher to 2862.38, taking the year-to-date performance to -0.71%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.89%, Keppel Corp, which gained 4.95%, UOB, which gained 0.80%, SingTel, which gained 0.25% and Sembcorp Industries, with a 4.14% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.41%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.93%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 4.64%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 4.95% higher and 4.14% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 0.74%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 1.60% and Jardine Strategic Holdings declined 1.31%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.84%), STI ETF (+0.35%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF 10 (-0.54%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+0.49%), Ascendas REIT (-0.43%), Capitacom Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20600MBePW160629 (-7.02%), HSI21000MBeCW160629 (-1.00%), HSI21800MBeCW160629 (-6.82%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MB eCW161101 (+25.33%), DBS MB eCW161031 (+5.77%), UOB MB eCW161031 (+4.92%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SWIBER ABOVE 0.198 TGT 0.206 0.214 SL 0.190